Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy birthday to Dave Dudley, James Brown, Ben Elton and Sir Henry Cooper

And Happy Birthday to me, too!
The biggest surprise of my birthday has been a visit by my mom from Reno, Nev.
The second biggest surprise of my birthday?
Peter Abbay was also born on MAY 3, 1966.
Who?
Abbay is an American actor who plays the unseen "banker" on NBC TV's "Deal or no Deal."
Welsh snooker star Darren Morgan was also born on MAY 3, 1966. He won the 1996 Irish Masters tournament.
Plenty of other notable people share my birthday, if not that magical birth year of 1966 (ENGLAND won the World Cup!).
Musicians born on May 3 include Pete Seeger (1919), John Lewis (1920), Dave "Six Days on the Road" Dudley (1928), James Brown (1933), Frankie Valli (1934) and Dave "Soft Cell" Ball (1959).
Ben Elton shares Dave Ball's birthday -- May 3, 1959. Elton co-wrote "The Young Ones" and several series of "Blackadder." He is one of Britain's funniest people.
Sir Henry Cooper (pictured) is one of Britain's hardest-hitting people. Born May 3, 1934, "Our 'Enry" fought Muhammad Ali twice. In 1963 Cooper knocked then-Cassius Clay down with his celebrated left hook -- a left hook affectionately known as "'Enry's 'Ammer."
I have got several days off work and a lengthy list of ways to celebrate this weekend.
I think I'll celebrate my actual birthday by listening to some of the musicians who share my special day. Let's see... How about... I think I'll open the proceedings with "I Feel Good" by the Godfather of Soul. Yep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home