Monday, April 30, 2007

A song that always leaves me... well, breathless

Here is what kind of a day it was:
I had to say goodbye to my sister, who flew back to San Francisco after a weekend visit. I had to drive down a gravel road for an interview and as I walked into the house I saw a college classmate who I had not seen in nearly 20 years.
I had to write three stories, after an important news release arrived in my e-mail inbox at 6 p.m.
It was a head-spinning day, but one song made me smile so much I played it all the way home.
"Breathless" was Jerry Lee Lewis' third Top 10 single and it peaked at No. 7 on April 1, 1958.
It sounded great 39 years later, with my car windows rolled down and a breeze providing a cool counterpoint to today's unseasonably warm temperatures.
"Wind, rain, sleet or snow, I am gonna be wherever you go.
You -- have left me -- aahhh
BREATHLESS -- ah!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Scott said...

If you love Jerry Lee Lewis, then check out
www.AllMemphisMusic.com

"Killer" Station

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home