Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I need drugs... powerful, powerful drugs

But I will have to settle for a Kahlua and cream and songs by the Pharcyde.
Why do I need powerful, powerful drugs?
Because I have to help my two daughters clean their room, in anticipation of my sister visiting from San Francisco in a couple days.
So?
So, what could be so difficult about cleaning a room?
Let me put it this way:
Their room is so clothes-strewn and stuffed-animal-laden that it looks like two tornadoes held a wicked competition to see who could wreck it the worst.
There were doll clothes mixed with girl clothes mixed with papers, pencils, broken pieces of toys and even sharp staples that I had to pick up one-by-one by hand.
We only finished with half of the task at hand. So now I am relaxing with the aforementioned Kahlua and cream and Pharcyde songs.
I love the Pharcyde, especially the early songs such as "Ya Mama," "Oh Sh*t" and "Return of the B-Boy."
The No. 52 pop (and No. 28 R&B and No. 6 dance and No. 1 rap) hit "Passin' Me By" is also a classic from Tre "Slim Kid" Hardson, Romye "Booty Brown" Robinson, Imani Wilcox and Derrick "Fat Lip" Stewart.
I'm sure I will listen to more Pharcyde tomorrow: This room-cleaning mission is going to take awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home