Wednesday, May 02, 2007

That sunny day before my birthday

The sun is shining, I am listening to two of the Miles Davis and Gil Evans orchestral collaborations on my iPod and tomorrow is my birthday.
Actually, "Miles Ahead" and "Sketches of Spain" are PERFECT albums, even if it isn't the sunny day before your birthday.
A lot of jazz purists complain the albums aren't REAL jazz. They complain that Evans' arrangements and that Davis is the only soloist and that the band is really an orchestra and that these albums are really classical music and...
... and I say "Who the hell cares?"
The music on "Miles Ahead" and "Sketches of Spain" is so beautiful, it defies any pigeon-holing categorization attempts.
Oh yeah... and it is absolutely essential listening for that sunny day before your birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home