Saturday, September 09, 2006

The fruit of five syllables, and more fun from the "classroom"

OK... It's Saturday and the girls are playing "school."
I can never figure that out. That would be like me coming home from a long day at work and then pretending to call people and interview them and write stories and worry about making a mistake that leads to a correction. I'd rather watch a movie or something.
Why on Earth would kids play school on a Saturday?
If you think that's a difficult question to answer, try this one:
"Can you name the fruit of five syllables?"
That's what 11-year-old "teacher" Kerstin just asked 7-year-old "pupil" Annika. Then Kerstin started a kitchen timer.
That question was part of a TIMED TEST? On a Saturday?!?!
Let's see...
"Ba-na-na?" No, of course not.
"Boy-sen-ber-ry?" No... but getting closer.
"Huck-le-ber-ry?" No. Is that even a real fruit?
I gave up. I finally Googled it.
"Ja-bo-ti-ca-ba!"
I have never heard of it before. It is apparently some sort of plum or something.
How did Kerstin know it?
Maybe I should sit in on her "class" on a Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home