Friday, September 30, 2005

Played to death

This week, Route 1 readers determine there can be "too much of a good thing," as they answer this FRIDAY QUESTION submitted by loyal reader Kerstin H.: "Have you ever played a song you liked so often you grew sick of it?"
Ellen B. -- Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca." I know, embarrassing...
Ann M. -- "Redneck Woman." When I was on vacation in San Diego, my friends played that song over and over and over.
Jill H. -- How do I answer that!?! There are so many the author of the question has played to death, I don't even know where to start... Maybe it is with Cher... the whole CD.
Roseanne H. -- Any Elvis Presley song. I wore out my 45s and never want to hear them again.
Rick T. -- "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks. Done it so many times it got real OLD!"
Dave B. -- When I was in high school I played Def Leppard's Pyromania so much that the tape disintegrated. Every time I hear a song from that album I try to switch the radio station.
Emily S. -- I do this with EVERY song! When my boyfriend and I were going through hard times earlier this summer, I would constantly play DHT's "Listen to Your Heart," and now, when I hear it, I groan because it is on every 5 minutes! The novelty has definitely worn off!
Rob K. -- "Escape"... the pina colada song, from the 80s. I can't remember which made me sicker... the song or the terrible morning afters.
Kerstin H. -- "Kids in America" (by Kim Wilde). I just played it too much.
Erik H. -- I actually enjoy listening to some Christmas songs. However, there is a limit for even my favorite Christmas songs -- probably around 10 plays during one Christmas season. Unfortunately, my 10-year-old daughter (and the author of this particular FRIDAY QUESTION) thinks nothing of playing a Christmas song 100 times... in June, July and August. She will play any Christmas song at any time... even during the most searing heatwave in a decade. Just days ago, in fact, I walked past her room and cringed. Band-Aid's "Do They Know it's Christmas" was blaring from her CD player. Do they know it's Christmas? Possibly not. Do you know it is September? "There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas..." and there probably won't be snow in Iowa when this song gets played in my house, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home