Sunday, October 06, 2013

Hockey on the radio sounds good to me

HOCKEY ON THE RADIO sounds like an indie band name, but it's really what I enjoyed last night.
LES CANADIENS DE MONTRÉAL beat the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS, 4-1.
I listened to the first period on French-language 98.5 FM MONTRÉAL, with commentators Martin McGuire and Dany Dubé.
I heard John Bartlett and Sergio Momesso call the final two periods in English on TSN 690.
My late dad was a huge fan of the Habs, telling me about the exploits of Henri Richard and Yvan Cournoyer while I was growing up.
This season's Habs don't quite reach the level of greatness of teams in the past, but P.K. Subban, Rene Bourque, Carey Price and the rest continue to give a good showing on the ice.
Or, as was the case for me last night, a good *hearing* on the ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home