Sunday, November 08, 2009

Horace Silver is playing at my pity party

I am sitting here sipping coffee, listening to some HORACE SILVER albums and still feeling slightly depressed.
MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS apparently left the defense at home in Eugene yesterday when they traveled to the Peninsula to play STANFORD.
Toby Gerhart ran for a school-record 223 yards and three scores and Andrew Luck threw for two touchdowns as Stanford held on to beat the Ducks 51-42.
The win made the Cardinal bowl eligible for the first time in eight years.
The loss for the Ducks came a week after the team gained 613 yards in a 47-20 win over USC. Gone is any chance the Ducks had at a top Bowl Championship Series game. The loss also makes it more difficult to win the conference outright.
So, I am just sitting here, sipping my coffee, listening to Silver play the piano and feeling a bit sorry for myself -- a common occurrence when it comes to my relationship with college football (and baseball... and soccer... and professional football... and hockey... and cricket... and... ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home