Sunday, August 03, 2008

Relaxing with that classic synth riff

Dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee, dee dee!
I've never really been any good at conveying synthesizer riffs with the written word, so I hope you will forgive me for my clumsy attempt at transcribing the insistent riff that forms the basis of "LOVE ACTION (I BELIEVE IN LOVE)," the insanely catchy, 1981 single by THE HUMAN LEAGUE.
Yesterday afternoon, my father-in-law and I joined Jill and the girls at a campground near MCGREGOR, IOWA for an overnight stay. Jill and the girls had been camping there with relatives since Thursday.
We enjoyed a nice afternoon and evening, but storms swept through the area overnight, and nobody slept very well after that occurred.
So, upon our return home today, we unloaded much of the gear and then sought ways to relax.
I listened to the ANGELS-YANKEES game on the Angels radio network (courtesy of MLB.com). Now, I am listening to a bunch of classic songs by Sheffield pop legends The Human League.
I had forgotten the greatness of the "DARE" album. It is so much more than "Don't You Want You," as evidenced by songs such as "Open Your Heart," "Seconds" and the aforementioned "Love Action." Brilliant stuff, and a great way to return to "civilization" after a night in nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home