Friday, March 16, 2007

Dub-dubba-dubboo, Beep-buh-buh-booo-bee-buh!

Know how catchy songs can get securely lodged in your brain, causing you to sing them to yourself long after you actually heard the songs?
This week, ROUTE 1 readers honor such songs by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What was the last song you sang to yourself, long after you actually heard the song?"
Mike D. -- Thanks to fellow Route 1 reader Matt K. and his recent Crappy '80s
Lyrics question, I had a couple of Starship songs stuck in my head all weekend. "Knee-deep in the hoop-la ..." Aaaahhhhh!!! (Who would have guessed that "We Built This City" was co-written by Bernie Taupin?) I need to hear some quality rock music real soon to cleanse myself.
Kerstin H. -- "How to Save a Life" by The Fray.
Mary N.-P. -- Because of one of your PREVIOUS Friday Questions, I can't get "Wolverton Mountain" by Claude King out of my head (I've even sung it with a co-worker several times...)!
Rick T. -- The White Sox theme: "Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey hey hey, Good Bye." Go Sox!
Mike M. -- "TO-night's the NIGHT we make HIS-tor-Y, sure as dogs can FLY!!! Hmm hmm hmm hmm, la la la laaa, la la, PAR-a-DISE!!!"
Erik H. -- I have been silently bopping my head to it all this week during computer training: "They're doin' it on the moon, uhh! In the jungle, too, uhhh! Everybody on the floor, now -- uhhh! -- Jumpin' like a kangaroo. So let the horns do the thing they do, yo! EXPRESS YOURSELF!"
Oh yeah... Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band. "Whatever you do do do lawd, do it good! EXPRESS YOURSELF! EXPRESS YOURSELF"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home