Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day of the Hearing, Night of the Hunter

This week I have been covering a complicated hearing held by the National Labor Relations Board.
I have relaxed at home by hanging out with my family, listening to music and watching films.
I watched Charles Laughton's "The Night of the Hunter" last night.
Surely, this film is one of the best in cinematic history.
Robert Mitchum stars as Harry Powell, a murderous crook who poses as a preacher in pursuit of a pair of small children who know the location of hidden bank robbery proceeds.
Powell possess a strange magnetism that draws females to him like a fly to a spider web.
That's tragic, because Powell also posses a psychopathic hatred of females:
"There are things you do hate, Lord. Perfume-smellin' things, lacy things, things with curly hair."
"The Night of the Hunter" plays like a chilling, vivid nightmare, so is it any wonder I didn't sleep well after watching it last night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home