Friday, September 15, 2006

...then I gagged on my popcorn!

ROUTE 1 helps separate the wheat from the chaff of cinematic history by focusing on the worst of the chaff by asking the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
What is THE WORST film you have ever seen?
Rick T. -- "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!
Inger H. -- The most recent worst film that comes to mind is the ill-conceived and sprawling "Dancer in the Dark," starring Bjork. You know it is a bad movie if you find yourself getting up from the sofa in the midst of the film, wondering... "hmmm, maybe I should check my e-mail"... I was not disappointed. I think I had a spam e-mail from the gap or something.
Matt K. -- "Little Man" (link here).
Mike M. -- With apologies to a colleague who recommended it, John Sayles' "Return of the Secaucus 7" (1980) is just plain bad, much worse than, say, Sandra Dee's "Tammy and the Doctor" (1963), or the ridiculous ending of "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" (2003): "SAM is SOBBING... MERRY and PIPPIN are DISTRAUGHT... there is GREAT SADNESS... MERRY SNIFFLES LOUDLY."
Gary D. -- "Field of Dreams." A boring movie with the worst actor of all time, Kevin Costner.
Dave B. -- I have spent two days trying to name the worst film ever made and I cannot find it so I need the help of a professional. All I remember is the name of the movie had "The Butcher, (some name) and the Baker." It was a movie made roughly in the early 90s. It was a movie about the Baker's wife having an affair with the Butcher and at the end the Baker kills the Butcher. The stupidest movie I have ever seen. My next choice would be "Dirty Dancing." I watched 13 minutes of that movie and saw 12 minutes too much.
Mike D. -- Certainly among the worst is "They Live," a 1988 flick starring wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. As if that wasn't telling enough, here's the plot summary: "Nada, a down-on-his-luck construction worker, discovers a pair of special sunglasses. Wearing them, he is able to see the world as it really is -- people being bombarded by media and government with messages like "Stay Asleep," "No Imagination," "Submit to Authority." Even scarier is that he is able to see that some usually normal-looking people are in fact ugly aliens in charge of the massive campaign to keep humans subdued. Thankfully, I only saw it on video. That SOMEONE ELSE rented!
Erik H. -- I expected Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson to shine in Todd Phillips' 2004 remake of "Starsky and Hutch." I expected wrong. I marveled at their comic chemistry in "Meet the Parents," "The Royal Tenenbaums" and even "Zoolander." I also love Phillips' "Old School." So what made me turn off the DVD of "Starsky and Hutch" before the chapters reached double digits? It just wasn't funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger DFS said...

Not finding Butcher and the Baker. Maybe this?

Bloodthirsty Butchers (1970)

Sweeney Todd, a barber, and Maggie Lovett, a baker, join forces to commit a series of brutal, gory murders in London with a little help from Tobias Ragg, an employee of Maggie' bakery who abducts a number of customers from the barber shop and kills them and helps the couple make "meat pies" out of the dead victims for sale.

http://tinyurl.com/fb9kg

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home