Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Jerzy Dudek's Lonely Hearts Club Band


I wish I could have watched this match: Liverpool rallied from three goals down at halftime to force Milan into extra time in today's Champions League final, as the sides drew, 3-3. Neither club scored in extra time, then Liverpool edged the Italians 3-2 on penalties to become champions of Europe.
I wish I could have watched it.
Instead, I toiled at work, writing a pair of stories (one in the morning, one in the afternoon while typing health-page briefs before an abbreviated lunch). Watching this match would have been much more enjoyable.
I am no Liverpool supporter, but the result is great for English football. Now... if only Sheffield Wednesday can defeat Hartlepool on Sunday to gain promotion. Then I will be happy. And if Fox Soccer Channel broadcasts that match in America, I will be very, very happy indeed.
Posted by Hello