Friday, March 18, 2005

Give me a desert island, a CD player, a long extension cord and...


I can't let myself off the hook: Here is my answer for Friday's Question (more on that below).
It took me quite some time to decide on ONE SINGLE DISC to bring to a desert island. There are hundreds of CDs I would want to take!
After some soul-searching, I finally chose
"The Best of Chet Baker Sings."
Chet Baker certainly wasn't the best singer in the world and many other jazz trumpeters would easily blow him off a stage.
Somehow, though, Baker combined trumpet playing and vocalizing to magical effect... creating a dreamy, sad and elegant body of music that would perfectly accompany my time alone on an island. That trumpet solo on "But Not For Me" gets me every time.

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home