Monday, January 30, 2012

There's real warmth in these songs

I know I shouldn't think about SPRING yet, but our high temperatures should reach the 40s all week and CRICKET returns to the radio by week's end.
I cannot help but think about spring.
That's why I selected an album I've always associated with warm weather to accompany my driving today.
"THE KINKS ARE THE VILLAGE GREEN PRESERVATION SOCIETY" is rife with warm-weather imagery, from small parks in summertime to the aforementioned cricket.
Songs such as "Big Sky" and "Sitting by the Riverside" only really sound right on days when the only ice sits in a glass of drinks, not on the sidewalk.
As WINTER has proven through earlier actions, the seasonable c-c-c-cold will surely return. Until then, I will indulge in some warmer pleasures, like this album by THE KINKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home