Monday, January 02, 2012

Ducks finally win the Rose Bowl

WISCONSIN quarterback Russell Wilson spiked the ball after time had already expired, and I could finally exhale.
After a wild, high-scoring game filled with a succession of pivotal moments, MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS had finally won the ROSE BOWL in my lifetime, 45-38.
We watched the game on TV, eating nachos and alternately cheering and groaning (only occasionally cursing) as the play dictated.
Darron Thomas tossed three scoring passes, Lavasier Tuinei caught two touchdown passes and De'Anthony Thomas scored on runs of 91 and 64 yards to fuel the Oregon offense.
It wouldn't have mattered without Oregon's defensive effort, led by linebacker Kiko Alonso. Alonso's interception of a Wilson pass thwarted a Badger drive and seemed to turn the tide -- finally -- toward a Duck victory.
A victory, I might add, I have waited my whole life to witness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home